Sunday 1 April 2012

..Being frugal?

I work late nights and so does my husband. We have a cook. It is not considered a frugal option by most people. But the fact that we have a cook means that we have lovely, tasty, home cooked meals for us each night so inspite of our late hours at work (we both love our jobs, so the option of one of us happily staying at home is out of the question..), we end up eating at home each night - food prepared by our cook - that is healthier catering to our tastes rather than the options available for take out at different restaurants.

I personally consider this a frugal expense, because I spend less on groceries+cook's salary than what I would pay to eat unhealthy food picked up on the way back home each night. Definitely,  my mom making all her meals at home while we were young, she saved more more money than me. But this works for me and I believe I am being frugal considering my circumstances :) My mom gave up a florishing career to be a stay-at-home mom for my brother and I. I believe I had a more sheltered childhood due to the constant presence and attention that my mom served me. But in my circumstances, I believe earning my share of income for the household is how I am contributing to my family - and one of the best decisions that I am making for my baby is having a cook who would prepare meals at home and we all would eat together just like how it is done in a traditional Indian household!!

No comments:

Post a Comment